- Act Now
- Open Internet
- Promoting Creativity
- Open & Accessible Technology
Position Summary: The Campaign and Communications Manager will work to develop Public Knowledge's communications and campaign strategy. The Campaign and Communications Manager will be a strategic thinker with experience building issue-based campaigns and communications strategies.
Position Status: Full-time
Location: Washington, D.C.
Reports to: Public Knowledge President and Chief Operating Officer
- Develop communications, outreach, and messaging strategies for Public Knowledge and its issues
- Manage campaigns for Public Knowledge and its issues
- Represent Public Knowledge at events, panel discussions, and coalition meetings
- Maintain contact with a diverse array of constituencies aligned with the goals of PK
- Liaison with reporters, bloggers and other media outlets
- 5+ years of communications and campaign management experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Experience conducting outreach and developing partnerships with a wide range of organizations and constituencies
- The ability to produce high‐quality results on tight deadlines and with little oversight
- Management experience preferred
- Ability to work quickly in time-sensitive situations
- Capacity to create and recognize media opportunities
- A willingness and ability to learn complex technological and legal issues quickly
Compensation: Public Knowledge provides competitive compensation, excellent benefits and opportunities for professional growth.
To Apply: Send a resume; cover letter; and press release, news item, or blog post; and an example of a campaign you’ve worked on to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Campaign and Communications Position” by October 30, 2012.
About Public Knowledge: Public Knowledge is a Washington D.C.-based, non-profit, public interest group working to promote a creative and connected future. Public Knowledge is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual or gender orientation, religion or physical ability.