- Act Now
- Open Internet
- Promoting Creativity
- Open & Accessible Technology
Location: The Reagan Building
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20004
Join us as we honor thought leaders in the field and celebrate a year full of victories with good music, food and drinks, and, as always, great company.
Photos from last year's party
Here are the thought leaders we're recognizing with an award this year for their contributions in the three areas of "IP"—intellectual property, information policy and Internet protocol:
- Rebecca MacKinnon, a Bernard L. Schwartz Senior Fellow at New America Foundation and the Co-Founder of Global Voices Online, for educating the public about the importance of Internet Freedom.
- Mike Masnick, the CEO and Founder of Techdirt, for his role in fighting SOPA and PIPA and for his continuing work on copyright enforcement issues.
- Andrew Schwartzman, the former President & CEO of Media Access Project, for a lifetime of work on promoting the public interest in a diverse media market place.
We are also honoring Rep. Darrell Issa with a President's Award for the invaluable role he played in defeating SOPA and PIPA this January.
How to get to the Reagan Building Pavilion
- Enter parking garage from any of the three entrance ramps
- Follow posted GREEN signs for the Atrium elevator banks
- Take Atrium North or Atrium South elevator to “G” Ground level
- Exit the Atrium elevator and turn right
- Walk to the intersection near the Environmental Protection Agency office lobby (in the Ronald Reagan Building) and make a right
- Follow the corridor to the Pavilion elevator banks on the right hand side
- Take the Pavilion elevators to the 2nd floor
By cab or from Metro Center (Red Line):
- Enter Moynihan Plaza at the corner of 13th and Pennsylvania Ave.
- Walk towards ARIA Restaurant (orange awning)
- Enter the building through the door on your right just before the restaurant
- Once you are through the security checkpoint walk to the Pavilion elevator banks on your left
- Take the Pavilion elevator to the 2nd floor
From Federal Triangle Metro Station (Blue and Orange Lines):
- Follow signs inside the station for the Ronald Reagan Building
- Once inside the building, walk straight down the corridor to the ATM and turn right
- Follow the directional signage toward the Conference Center
- Once you reach the Business Center turn left
- Walk to the Pavilion elevator bank and take the elevator to the 2nd floor
Interested in sponsoring? Contact Whitney Meyers at email@example.com or 202-861-0020
Platinum Sponsor: $25,000+
Gold Sponsor: $10,000+
Silver Sponsor: $5,000+
Bronze Sponsor: $2,500+