It’s Time Again to Send in Your Nominations for the Annual IP3 Awards!April 25, 2016
Public Knowledge's IP3 awards are a special occasion to honor those who have made significant contributions in the three areas of “IP”—intellectual property, information policy, and internet protocol.
This year will be the thirteenth year Public Knowledge has held the awards, and now it's time for you to submit nominations. They can be for a career's worth of work, or for a more recent accomplishment. It's up to you!
Recipients from past years include: Rep. Anna Eshoo; Senator Ron Wyden; Tim Berners-Lee, World Wide Consortium; Rep. Zoe Lofgren; Ben Scott (with Free Press at the time); Fred von Lohmann (with the Electronic Frontier Foundation at the time); members of the band OK Go!; and Columbia Law School professor Tim Wu. You can check out all of our past winners here.
Here’s how it works:
- Send in your nomination to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Give us the name of your nominee and a short explanation for why you think your nominee should win.
- We’ll pass along that information to a panel of judges who will narrow down the list of nominees to three winners.
This year’s judges include:
- Virginia Lam Abrams, Senior Vice President of Communications & Government Relations at Starry, Inc.
- Usman Ahmed, Head of Global Policy at PayPal
- David Goodfriend, Owner, Goodfriend Government Affairs
- Sarah Morris, Director of Open Internet Policy, Open Technology Institute
- Kyle Wiens, Founder, iFixit
Please make your nominations by May 16th. This year’s winners will be recognized at the 13th Annual IP3 Awards on September 22nd, 2016.