Job Opening: Director of Human Resources and Administration
Director of Human Resources and Administration — This is a new full-time position for an experienced human resources professional with budgeting and administration expertise for a staff of about 20 full time employees along with fellows.
Position Status: Full-time
Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: President and Vice President
- Human Resources Management/Staffing:
- Serve as the human resources point of contact for PK staff
- Administer annual staff review program
- Facilitate Board communications and preparation for Board meetings
- Facilitate staff training opportunities
- Coordinate staff gatherings and retreats as part of a team
- Evaluate existing and potential new policies and benefits, and coordinate their implementation processes
- Manage and update HR files, including job descriptions
- Perform and manage hiring and exiting processes
- Benefit Plans: Administer 401(k), health insurance and other benefits
- Payroll: Administer and update payroll
- Compliance: Supervise compliance with applicable laws and procedures
Budgeting and Administration
- Lead the development of the annual budget; monitor budgets and financial indicators; provide fiscal oversight as applicable
- Work closely with the Finance and Administration Manager
- Implement document management system; manage Public Knowledge’s facilities as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree
- 3-5 years of experience in human resources and administration
- Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills
- Demonstrated high degree of confidentiality and judgment
- Experience and understanding of benefits policies, budgeting processes, employment law and policies, and policy development, documentation, and implementation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to meet deadlines
Compensation: Public Knowledge provides competitive compensation, excellent benefits and opportunities for professional growth.
To Apply: Send resume, salary history, and cover letter stating your interest in Public Knowledge to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject “Human Resources.” Open until filled.
Public Knowledge is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, age, sexual or gender orientation, religion or physical ability.