Job Opening: Events and Administration Manager
Public Knowledge is seeking a passionate and detailed-oriented administrative professional to be its Events & Administrative Manager. The position will report directly to the Director of Finance & Administration, and will work in a small team of 3 people to support the organization’s office administrative and outreach events work.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Events & Donor Management- 60%
- Manage or oversee all Public Knowledge events, including PK’s Annual IP3 Event and office gatherings.
- Provide administrative support and systems for development (Annual IP3 Event, Corporate and Foundation Grants).
- Develop and solicit sponsors for events as needed.
- Manage various key fundraising events/functions, speaking engagements, and other programs.
- Coordinate site visits, selection of venues, contract negotiations, catering, audio and visual rentals, travel arrangements, hotel rooms, and all vendor relations for events.
- Plan and attend all functions of the Organization – including special events for fundraising purposes.
- Track and manage event attendee contacts and coordinate relationship management with communications staff.
- Track and manage the Annual IP3 event invoice process.
- Serve as donation PoC for all PK fundraising & development events.
- Generate gift and donor reports on a weekly or as needed basis.
- Acknowledge all gifts and donations via drafting and sending Thank You letters
- Ensure donor records are up to date with current contact information in QuickBooks and databases.
Administration – 40%
Board of Directors Engagement
- Coordinate Board of Directors activities including scheduling meetings, handling logistics and taking notes for meetings.
- Prepare presentations, updates, and reports in support of the Board of Directors meetings, as needed.
- Schedule quarterly financial meetings with Board Treasurer
- Prepare and send Board Meeting packages
- Provide desktop support for staff, including creating and maintaining the IT support system.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Respond to employee queries by resolving technical problems with Apple computers, through experience or Apple support.
- Keep computers updated.
- Serve as backup of office management duties, as needed.
- Desire to work in the public interest space; interest in the fight for social justice and individual rights in the digital economy
- High school diploma or GED required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 to 3 years office or community organizing experience required, preferably with some relevant event management experience.
- Experience with nonprofit development & administration strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to work with and communicate effectively in writing and orally with a dynamic group of people.
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- A self-starter with the ability to take initiative and troubleshoot with minimal supervision.
- Previous experience with Salesforce or similar databases.
- Previous experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting softwares.
- Previous experience with Eventbrite, social media, and other online event organizing tools.
- Previous experience with Apple computers or IT support and in work environment is a plus.
- An understanding of and commitment to the operating goals of Public Knowledge is essential.
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to the Director of Finance & Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line, “Event and Administration Manager”. No phone calls or inquiry emails please.
Public Knowledge is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all District and federal laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.