Job Opening: Office Administration Manager
Position Summary: The Office Administration Manager ensures the efficient day-to-day operation and organization of the office, manages the reception area, assists with records and financial management, and provides administrative support to the President & CEO. This role will also provide administrative support to management and other staff in a 20 person office.
Position Status: Full-time
Location: Washington, D.C. (temporarily working remotely due to COVID-19)
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner
- Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff members
- Reply to general information requests with the accurate information
- Greet clients/suppliers/visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner
- Responsible for the facilities’ day-to-day operations (such as distributing building access keys and security access cards, etc.)
- Purchase office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Sort incoming mail, faxes, and courier deliveries for distribution
- Prepare and send outgoing faxes, mail, and courier parcels
- Forward incoming general e-mails to the appropriate staff member
- Forward voicemail from the general mailbox to the appropriate staff member
- File documents according to the established procedures
- Update and ensure the accuracy of the organization’s databases
- Back-up electronic files using proper procedures
- Provide administrative support to management and other staff
- Make travel, meeting, and other arrangements for staff
- Organize office gatherings and assist with events
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment, including copiers, printers, fax machines, video conferencing systems, etc.
- Provide administrative support to staff, including copying, printing, scheduling, etc.
- Provide executive administrative support to the President and CEO & Director of Finance and Administration, including scheduling, research, printing, presentation prep, etc.
Provide IT support
- Provide desktop support for staff, including creating and maintaining the IT support system
- Maintain office document management systems
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Respond to employee queries by resolving technical problems with Apple computers, through experience or Apple support.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Serves as web, email, and server administrator as assigned.
- Administers phone systems and extensions.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks or similar financial reporting software
- Accounts Receivable handles invoicing, coding, collection, and reconciliation of monies owed to PK;
- Accounts Payable handles paying invoicing, coding, collection, and reconciliation of monies due to vendors;
- Assist with database donor data entry from conferences and general fundraising efforts.
- Ensure donor and vendor records are up to date with current contact information in QuickBooks and other databases as needed.
Assist with human resource management
- Assist Director of Finance and Administration with recruitment including scheduling interviews, preparing onboarding materials, and arranging staff training;
- Manage HR email accounts, including following up with applicants
- File material according to established records management procedures
- Ensure interviewers are prepared with resumes and prior feedback
- Act as the main point of contact with either recruiting channels and/or candidates directly in terms of interview logistics or any questions related to the process, from start to end of the interviewing cycle
- Manage employee benefit enrollment
Education: High school diploma or GED required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: 2 to 3 years office experience required, preferably in the capacity of an administrative assistant or office manager. Nonprofit experience is strongly preferred. Previous experience with Apple computers or IT support and in the work environment is a plus.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. A self-starter, with the ability to organize and maintain diverse information with attention to detail. Must be able to prioritize and manage projects from start to finish, demonstrating strong follow-through and appropriate confidentiality. Strong interpersonal skills required and a willingness to relate to many different types of people, understanding their needs and motivations while keeping the needs of the organization as the highest priority. An understanding of and commitment to the operating goals of Public Knowledge is essential.
Compensation: Base salary from $60,000 -$65,000 depending on experience, plus excellent benefits and opportunities for professional growth.
To Apply: Please complete the Office Administration Manager application here. Applications will be accepted until August 31st, 2021. Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.