Job Opening: Office Administrator
Job Purpose: The Office Administrator ensures the efficient day-to-day operation of the office, manages the reception area, and ensures the efficient organization of the office. This role will provide administrative support to management and other staff.
The successful candidate will be a highly qualified and experienced administrative assistant who possesses excellent interpersonal skills, values attention to detail, has the ability to handle a variety of responsibilities and is of the highest personal integrity. The office environment is fast-paced and professional, requiring quality work, flexibility and individual initiative.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner
- Direct phone inquires to the appropriate staff members
- Reply to general information requests with the accurate information
- Greet clients/suppliers/visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations (such as distributing building access keys and security access cards, etc.)
- Purchase office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Sort incoming mail, faxes, and courier deliveries for distribution
- Prepare and send outgoing faxes, mail, and courier parcels
- Forward incoming general e-mails to the appropriate staff member
- Forward voice mail from the general mailbox to the appropriate staff member
- File documents according to the established procedures
- Update and ensure the accuracy of the organization's databases
- Back-up electronic files using proper procedures
- Provide administrative support to management and other staff
- Make travel, meeting, and other arrangements for staff
- Organize office gatherings and assist with events
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, printers, fax machines, etc.
- Provide administrative support to staff, including copying, printing, scheduling, etc.
Provide IT support
- Provide desktop support for staff, including creating and maintaining the IT support system
- Maintain office intranet and document management systems
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software
- Respond to employee queries by resolving technical problems with Apple computers, through experience or Apple support
- Install computer peripherals for users
- Follow up with staff to ensure issue has been resolved
Assist with human resource management
- Assist Human Resources Director with recruitment including scheduling interviews, preparing onboarding materials and arranging staff trainings
- Manage HR email accounts, including following up with applicants
- File material according to established records management procedures
- Ensure interviewers are prepared with resumes and prior feedback
- Act as the main point of contact with either recruiting channels and/or candidates directly in terms of interview logistics or any questions related to the process, from start to end of the interviewing cycle
Education: High school diploma or GED required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: 1 to 3 years office experience required, preferably in the capacity of an administrative assistant. Previous experience with Apple computers or IT support and in work environment is strongly preferred. Nonprofit experience a plus.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range is low to high $30’s commensurate with experience and skills. The position provides diverse job responsibilities based on the individual’s interests and aptitudes.
Professional qualities: Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. A self-starter, with the ability to organize and maintain diverse information with attention to detail. Must be able to prioritize and manage projects from start to finish, demonstrating strong follow through and appropriate confidentiality. Strong interpersonal skills required and a willingness to relate to many different types of people, understanding their needs and motivations while keeping the needs of the organization as the highest priority. An understanding of and commitment to the operating goals of Public Knowledge is essential.
How to apply
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Office Administrator”.