Tell Congress to Protect Our Personal InformationLearn More About Unauthorized Access to Data
Public Knowledge today put out the call for public nominations for its ninth annual IP3 awards, which honor achievement in Intellectual Property, Internet Protocol and Information Policy.
The awards will be presented Sept. 12 in Washington. Deadline for entry is May 16. Entries can be mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This year’s judges will be:
- Leah Belsky, VP of Strategic Development and Assoc. GC, Kaltura, and PK Board member
- Laurent Crenshaw, Legislative Director, Office of Representative Darrell Issa
- Ben Scott, Policy Advisor for Innovation, Office of Secretary of State
- Matt Wood, Policy Director, Free Press
- Cynthia Wong, Director, Global Internet Freedom Project, Center for Democracy & Technology
Winners in 2011 were Sen. Ron Wyden, Beth Noveck, a professor at New York Law School and Peter Jaszi, professor at the Washington College of Law at American University.
Recipients from past years include Rep. Zoe Lofgren, former Rep. Rick Boucher, Fred von Lohmann, formerly of the Electronic Frontier Foundation, members of the band OK Go!; professor Tim Wu; Blake and Jason Krikorian, founders of Sling Media; Gregory Maguire, author of “Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West.” A complete list of winners is here.