Media Alert: Public Knowledge Hosts Video Marketplace Briefing February 5February 3, 2016
Public Knowledge will host a briefing on video competition and independent programming February 5 from noon to 1 p.m. in room #106 at the Dirksen Senate Office Building.
The briefing, “Unlocking Diversity and Consumer Choice in the Video Marketplace,” will discuss two items from the Federal Communications Commission’s February agenda: one that would create a competitive marketplace for consumer choice on video devices, and another that seeks to examine the systemic problems content creators face in gaining viewership in a world where Big Cable serves as the content gatekeeper.
Both members of the press and Congressional staff are encouraged to attend.
- Brian Woolfolk – Principal at Swan Creek Strategies
- Mark Cooper – Economist at Consumer Federation of America
- Eric Easter – Chairman of the National Black Programming Consortium
- Joseph Torres – Senior External Affairs Director at Free Press
- John Bergmayer – Senior Staff Attorney at Public Knowledge